Saturday, December 12, 2009

Advent day 14 - 12 December 2009

Greetings!

I am on my way out of town for overnight...

Josh and I are going to Lake Blue Cypress in Yee Haw Junction to fish with my dad and spend the night camping -- it is only a 40 minute drive from the lake to Trinity EPC where I am preaching in the morning...

Needless to say, there is no internet access at the lake -- it is actually very beautiful and very primitive...

So, I will check back in with you on Sunday night when I return...

One question for us to ponder overnight based on yesterday's reflection...

IF, when we SEE Jesus, we SEE the Father's salvation -- then what is SALVATION???

I grew up with a very narrow definition -- it consisted mostly of repeating a prayer and getting a ticket to heaven when I died [as opposed to a one-way sentence to hell] -- I have come to believe that SALVATION is DIFFERENT from this and MUCH MORE than this...

What do you think???

Talk to you tomorrow...

Guy

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment